Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Peer Review 12a for Sarah Moskowitz

I took a gander at Sarah's project and hopefully gave her some feedback that was helpful in the editing of her project this time around. I'll be discussing that right about now.

Wait, what?


I reviewed Sarah Moskowitz's project, which can be found here. She called it A Standing Ovation for Those Limiting Screen Time for Toddlers. I made a copy-editing suggestion on her post about how design elements could be used more effectively in the project.

How'd I hopefully help?


I talked to Sarah about how she'd presented her information and gave suggestions on how to make it easier to follow. It was very opinion-based, so I don't know if she'll even want to do any of it, but I felt like it would be more helpful than most peer reviews are because I've found that most people don't give suggestions. I talked about the speed of her delivery, and the presentation of her statistics and information.

How did I incorporate Student's Guide?


On page 224 there's a tab that talks about "Creating Your Own Video Public Argument" that talks about grabbing and keeping your audience's  attention. It talks about choosing your images and text with that in mind. I touched on that during my review of Sarah's project. I talked about how she was keeping the attention of her audience. I gave input on the visuals she's been using, and how she can keep audience attention for a longer period of time.

What did I learn?


I learned a couple things from Sarah's project. I am not doing a video essay, however, so there was a lot that I didn't learn for my specific genre. I did learn, however, that I need to work on my content a little more. I have the genre conventions down, I feel like, but that's about it. I also learned that I can be more direct with my opinions. I hadn't realized how direct we can be, and it was nice to see a project that was extremely opinionated. Now I know I can do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment