Friday, April 29, 2016

Production Report 14b

Now that I've completed another portion of my project, I'm going to also put the text of it on this blog. I have still yet to figure out how to take the project into pieces, so I wasn't sure how else to present it here. I'm going to talk about this portion of my project and discuss the creation of it, after I post where it came from on the content outline.

Outline Item:


-then college happened
-away from home
-own choices
-overwhelmed
-wait, now I have friends?
-new responsibilities from living alone (cook, clean, etc.)
-so many choices and changes

Adaptation of Outline Item:


Third body paragraph:

"I think I've just flown to the opposite end of the spectrum now. Because college has happened. My personality wasn't ready for it. Now I'm away from home, and I have the freedom to make my own choices. I don't have to check in with my parents before I do every little thing. I think I've taken it to the extreme. It's kinda overwhelming to me. I have a whole bunch of new responsibilities. I have chores to do, I have to cook for myself, and I have to do laundry if I want clean clothes to wear. And now all of a sudden I have friends.....what??? There are so many new changes to my life that I find something to distract me at every corner. I sit down to do homework and all of a sudden I have a list of a million other things I could and "should" be doing. All of a sudden, homework is the thing taking the backburner."

How did I use Form and Conventions?


I want my video to have pictures being drawn in the background, and I'm excited about how this portion came about. The conventions for a video essay are much looser than conventions of other genres, so it's been fun for me to create a project that has a voiceover with pictures. I got to play with what I was saying by messing with what's going on on screen.

How did the Production go?


I had a much easier time creating this portion because at this point I had already decided what I wanted to do with my project. It was no longer a shot in the dark. I was ready to be creative and have fun with it. I had a good time coming up with how I was going to mess with the background, and I no longer had any issues with picking the content because it was in the content outline.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amorah! I think that this is a really good start to your video essay! I really enjoy your personality that easily comes through just by reading it-so with a video essay you'll be golden. Also I really liked that you give examples of the different types of new responsibilities that you have been introduced to... maybe include doing blogging as one of those? :) Overall I think you have made a really good start and I'm excited to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete