Sunday, February 21, 2016

Local Revision: Passive and Active Voice

I'll be looking at the passive or active usage of verbs in my project and placing those into their respective columns. And there might even be two different columns for active voice, if you're lucky;) (I'm kidding, there will be two columns for active voice anyway, just trying to keep things interesting....)

Passive verbs:

used

Active (Specific) verbs:

Submitted
Provide
treated
treatment
stuttering
published
stutters
treatment
stuttering
tracking
restricting
limits
branch out
doubles
states
providing
creation
exploration
quoted
stating

Active (General) verbs:

Require
Going
Gain
be
doing
involves
receive
select
is
wrote
expressing
are
passing
signing
providing
requires
passed
limit
expresses
says
called
response
are

Based on this.....:

So what I got from analyzing that was that my verbs are about even between specific and general, but I have almost no instances of passive voice, which is nice I think. I probably could benefit by making more of my words specific rather than general and kina vague. It would probably be both more convincing, and sound more like I know what I'm talking about.

geniusvv "Run Material Photography Silhouette Portrait" 2/16/2015 via Pixabay. Public Domain licensing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment