Monday, May 9, 2016

Production Report 11b

I've made a little more progress on my third project, so I'm going to copy and paste a portion of that essay into this blog post. I'm also going to compare it to the original outline version of it. It's the first body paragraph in this paper.

Outline Item:



 -definition of narcissism
-person will think of themselves first
-different than self-esteem
-talk about differences
-narcissism is based on fear of failure or weaknesses
-person exhibiting controlling behavior is struggling with fear of failure
-bullies

Adaptation of Outline Item:


Narcissism has been defined as “inordinate fascination with oneself; excessive self-love; vanity”(HarperCollins).  A person exhibiting narcissistic traits will think of themselves first in any given situation, and have a grandiose opinion of themselves. This is inherently different than self-esteem, on which our society is deeply predicated. Dr. Lisa Firestone has stated “The distinction between self-esteem and narcissism is of great significance on a personal and societal level. Self-esteem differs from narcissism in that it represents an attitude built on accomplishments we’ve mastered, values we’ve adhered to, and care we’ve shown toward others. Narcissism, conversely, is often based on a fear of failure or weakness, a focus on one’s self, an unhealthy drive to be seen as the best, and a deep-seated insecurity and underlying feeling of inadequacy.” This twist in reality can be hard to conceptualize, but it is seen time and time again. The person often exhibiting a controlling or superior behavior is struggling with the very thing they seem against. The bully in the movie always turns out to have an insecurity that caused him to be the way he is; he’s just trying to hide behind a mask.

How did I use form/conventions?


Since this was the first body paragraph of my paper, I made sure to include a definition of what I was talking about. I wanted to present my information right off the bat with me sounding like I knew what I was talking about. I also wanted to make sure to include transitional portions that connected this paragraph to the intro and to the paragraph that will follow.
Since I am working in the standard college essay genre, I had to make sure to closely follow the genre conventions for this paper. I made sure to present the definition with a reference, which I placed at the end of the paper under the Works Cited section. It made the project slightly more time consuming, but doable.

How did the Production go?


I found this paragraph to be slightly more difficult than the intro because I couldn't be as creative as I wanted to be. It was fine because this portion was meant to be informational, but I didn't really want to sound overly informative though. There comes a point where it's too much. I also took a long time in deciding that the definition should be there.

1 comment:

  1. In the name of many affordable Louis Vuitton handbags in front of some people with the big slip, but in vain to back the brand Chanel handbags name is still aunt street; and smart fashion fine they will know how to use the same money to buy the noble fashion Rolex Air King section .If you have determined to get rid of Aunt, promotion of fashion fine, then first look at the luxury entry five best?Original Rolex Watches?and the most worthwhile investment in five international Omega Watches Replica big bar.As if the brand of Replica Tag Heuer had to recommend, can not find a reason not recommended.?

    Louis Vuitton handbags


    Rolex Air King

    1:1 Replica Breitling Watches


    Chanel handbags


    Original Rolex Watches


    Omega Watches Replica


    ReplyDelete